As the pandemic is broken the temperature check is now part of the life. Every day we observe our temperature and the temperature of the others to remain fully aware of the situation of our health. If you are a parent the need for the temperature check is even higher for you. The ease in this process will really make life smooth.
With the passage of time, the instruments used to measure the temperature are developed tremendously.
How To Use kinsa Smart Ear Thermometer
This product is one of its types. A really advanced one in terms of examining medical temperature checks. The observation is superb and with the minimum time requirements. You can get the accurate reading.
The procedure to use the Kinsa Smart thermometer is really very simple. Our instantaneous actions create an effect on our body temperature. This instinct temperature raise may create a false limit. This false rise in the temperature may disturb the observation and your physician will not be able to make the correct decision. Therefore this is recommended not to engage in any physical activity at least 15 minutes before taking the temperature.
The procedure to take the temperature is really very simple
- As you know that this is an integrated application. So first you need to open it on your telephone.
- Locate the thermometer turn on button.
- This is the big button at the upper center of the thermometer.
- once the thermometer is turned on, now is the time to make the observation.
- If the person is less than a year then make the ear canal straight by pushing it back gently. So that the correct reading can be taken.
- If a person is more than one year of age then you need to slightly change the motion of the year.
- Push the year upward and take the temperature.
- Take the probe put it in the ear canal
- You need to press the button again. Slightly after that, you will hear a beep.
ATTENTION: You should be completely aware that the thermometer uses an infrared device to measure the temperature of the body. Once you use it make sure that it finds a straight path so that the temperature can be measured accurately.
The best Thermometer to measure the temperature
This was the outbreak of the Covid – 19 that highlights the importance of checking the temperature again and again. This tremendously increased the sale of the thermometers. Even the thermometer was one of the items that went out of stock.
A question arises at that point that as multiple options are available then which one is actually best for us. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of having different thermometers.
Different type of thermometers available are
1. Armpit Thermometer
This is the type of thermometer that is used to measure the temperature of the body. This thermometer is placed under the armpit.
- This is really easy to observe the temperature with this technique. This is a very simple method. All you need to do is just to uplift your arm and then place the thermometer in the cavity.
- Place it there for at least 10 seconds. if you are using a traditional mercury thermometer. So that the mercury can take the proper place accordingly as the temperature of the body. Once settled take it out of the armpit and observe the temperature accordingly.
- In case you are using a digital thermometer. All other processes will remain the same while the only difference is that the digital thermometer will beep as the temperature is settled on the display of the thermometer.
- After every use, the thermometer should be washed properly. You may even use the nob cover. This is something that not only protects the thermometer but also available in the market for a really very cheap price.
- Remove it after use. It should be trashed property. After that use a spirit swab to clean the noob of the thermometer. If you want you can even wash the thermometer.
The problem with this type of thermometer is that the temperature taken from this type of thermometer is not so much accurate. The chances of the error are there. In different observations difference in the temperature has been observed. The range of this difference minimum 0.5°F if measured in centigrade is 0.3°C and the maximum is 1°F and if measured in centigrade this will be 0.6°C.
So either manually ad this value or use another thermometer.
This thermometer is used to take the temperature of the body. This can be used inside the mouth under the tongue. Once you placed it under the tongue let the temperature settle to a level. Once the temperature is settled. Now take it out and look at the temperature. These are the instructions if you are using a traditional mercury based thermometer.
This is not very safe to use the mercury thermometer as this can be leaked inside your mouth. Once leaked this can be a problem. As mercury is highly harmful to the health of humans.
The second choice then left is the digital thermometer. The digital thermometer is safer to use. Place it inside your mouth. The location will remain the same that is under your tongue. The placement of the thermometer is also utmost important. As if the placement is not accurate the results will not also be accurate.
The thermometer should be cleaned properly after use. This is something that can be done by washing. In some other cases, you may need to use the alcoholic swab. The use of the alcoholic swab is quite beneficial because of two reasons. The first is that it is quick and the second is that this also kills the germs.
3. Ear Thermometer
This thermometer takes the temperature through the ear. The procedure is slightly different for the adult and the minor. The difference is in the technique is to straight the ear and make the ear canal visible. Once it is visible you can use the thermometer to observe the temperature of the person. This is not at all difficult. To turn on the thermometer the procedure varies a bit. Like in some cases the using technique of the thermometer may be different than to others. This depends on the brand and the manufacturer of the instrument.
The rectal thermometer is the one that provides the most accurate results. To use this you need to put it in the rectum. This is a bit risky process. Therefore this is suggested that you should do the proper care in order to put it in the rectum. The insertion should not be more than half an inch. As soon as you feel any hurdle stop at once. Before insertion, you should put the gel on the nob of the thermometer. It should be water get do not use the petroleum gel. Put the cover on the nob. This disposable cover is available from any pharmacy. This is really very cheap to buy and can be disposed of after use.
You should clean the thermometer after use.